Tuesday 24 July 2012

The power of incentives (or everyone has their price)

I love learning.

I have a thirst for knowledge, and new experiences.

The only problem is I procrastinate, which makes finishing assignments and assessments one of those hit and miss affairs. Every form of study I've undertaken, I intend to get started early, finish early, get things out of the way as soon as possible, but it's all just empty promises, and I end up doing an all nighter right on the deadline.

Certificate 4 last year was good, the Diploma has been more of a challenge.

But I DID get everything done, and only a couple of assessments were late.

We're back for semester two, and have started getting our Learner Assessment Strategies (LAS).

One teacher, who is flexible with dates and deadlines as long as we do the right thing and let him know, hit on a great little incentive...

CHOCOLATE!!

For the online OH&S unit, if we hand stuff in on time we get CHOCOLATE.

I'm there...

I'm so there!

1 comment:

Helen said...

sounds like a good plan. Whatever works...works!