Saturday 21 July 2012

Newest Project



One of the things that I often unfinish are plans to do things for charity. I'd love to do something BIG, something special to raise money for charity, but, well.

I think this year is the closest I've ever come.

I took part in FebFast in er, um, February, and gave up alcohol for a month to raise money for drug and alcohol programs for young people. I made it, and I think I raised about $110 dollars.

Walk in her shoes was a failure, my official pedometer was faulty, and I got an infection on my big toe *sigh* but I did raise $20 (my registration fee!)

We're finally cooking with gas (that's a rather unfortunate pun, I'm afraid)

We're doing the World Vision 40 Hour Famine!

Morgan, Hamish and I will be giving up all sorts of mod cons from August 17-19 to raise money for programs to fight chronic hunger in developing countries. The money raised goes to teach communities to farm more efficiently, and to find alternative income streams for back up when crops are bad. This in turn allows children time to go to school and to play and to be real kids. It's been proven that getting an education is the best way to break the cycle of poverty.

If you'd like to find out more, you can visit our BLOG and follow our adventures, go follow us on Facebook or go right ahead and donate to this important cause.

No comments: